Wednesday, August 10, 2011
Time moves in one direction, memory in another.
Two weeks and my little girl starts kindergarten. I have muttered the words, "where did the time go?" and "how did this happen?" way too much over the past few months. The day we registered her for Kinder, I walked out of the elementary school hand in hand with my husband and my eyes filled with tears. I cannot believe she is old enough to go in there daily and sit in those dwarf size chairs and walk down the hall and learn from a complete stranger. Am I supposed to trust these people, are they going to make sure she is safe? Is she going to like school? Is she going to make friends or be the kid who does her own thing? So many unknowns. Every adventure and new chapter in life has too many unknowns, but somehow we make it through. I became a mom in a moment and it changed my life completely, and there were trying times and so many wonderful memories, but each day we get one day older and that all adds up, quickly. All we have are the memories and the way we handled each day. Havely has been the most wonderful daughter any mother could ask for, and I get to be her mom. She has made my heart swell since day one, and she has entertained all of us for years now. I love her personality and I see so much of myself in her. I know she is confident and independent, and I will have to remind myself that this is what I do love about her when she is pushing that self determination against me. I have put some photos of her on here, her transition from baby girl to little girl to school girl. It is ironic that lately she has been carrying this small silver clock around that she found in a cabinet in my bedroom. She takes it everywhere with her and tells me it is a magic clock and it turns colors and can take us to anywhere in time. She always tells me that she is going to dates in the future, and all I want to do it grab it and turn it back a few years and make it slow down. Love you Havely, you will do great in school! 08.11.11
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment