So back in the day (pre-marriage) I used to have nights to myself where I didn't have anyone to worry about except me. Ate anything I wanted (chicken wings and ice cream), and watched movies in my pj's. Well I have a family now and things have changed a bit, added a husband, daughter, two dogs and a cat all added to the mix. Well every third night it's just me and my girls, and sometimes it's chaotic and sometimes it's perfect. Tonight was one that was perfect, maybe not by anyone else's standard, but by mine.
It was a soggy fall day, chilly and wet all day long so it was an inside only day. We were supposed to be enjoying a sunny day at Six Flags, but decided to cancel due to the fine weather. So after breakfast we headed to "the Target" and got her a new game and some hot chocolate. We headed home and put in the new computer game and Havely just amazed me with her intelligence. She was able to match three letters words without any pictures or clues, smart kid I have! After playing some games we laid down and took a nice long afternoon nap listening to the rain. For the evening I asked Havely to pick our dinner menu and she decided on some delicious Mac and Cheese. So I took time slaving over the burner making the blue box and we pulled up some chairs in the living room and put in a movie. We sat down and ate our gourmet dinner and watched Monsters vs. Aliens. I loved her interpretation of what was happening. Then she cuddled up on the couch with me and we finished the movie together. I have to confess, I didn't really pay attention to the movie, watching my daughter was more entertaining. As I sat with her my arms wrapped around her I realized that our bachelorette dinners and evenings are going to be limited. I was quickly reminded by some kicks and jabs in my belly that soon we are adding a boy to the mix. So at this time I will take my girls time in by the minute and soak it all up. Sooner than I know I will be adding posts about my evenings that make my heart swell with my daughter...and my son. 10.11.09
Sunday, October 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment