Friday, June 25, 2010

Just because you can't keep up, life doesn't stop...

What a month. We have had some serious tests of strength this month, from unexpected incidents with cars and water heaters, to sick kids and sick parents. Yesterday I was going through my schedule from last year, and noticed that every Friday in the month of June I had lunch with Ali, seems so weird that it was a year ago because I treasure it so much. This morning I woke up to the oohs and ahhs of a little boy playing with his toes and greeting the morning. Very sleepily I walked over and picked him up and put him in bed with us so that we could get to the point of alertness that he was at. He was all smiles and so were we, apparently even at 7 am happiness from a 5 month old is contagious. Five months-where did the time go? He looked so big lying there on my pillow. He is almost 16 pounds now, and there is no end in sight to this kids growth. He is almost sitting on his own, in fact he HATES to lay down. He is no longer an infant, crazy. Havely is also changing so quickly. She is so smart and so quick and one of the funniest people I know. Just the other night she got into it with Jaaron and when he had the last word, she turned to him and said, "you just broke my heart dad, you took my heart and you just broke it." Take that-how do you compete with that??? One of these days you will hear about Havely Mae the Oscar winner. I feel like I just turn my head quickly and when I turn back they have achieved a new milestone, I am not doing well with this whole getting older crap.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates Tested by Blogger Templates